PINEHURST - Building Community for Over 50 Years
Pinehurst Homes Association
Declaration of Deed Restrictions
The following deed restrictions apply to all properties within the Pinehurst Homes Association boundaries. The Overland Park City Code will take precedence except where the city code is less restrictive than the following deed restrictions.
1. The property herein described shall be occupied and used for residence purposes only, and not otherwise, and only private dwelling houses designed for the occupancy of not more than one family each, with the necessary garages, shall be erected thereon.
2. The above restrictions shall not prevent the construction by the owner of a private detached garage on the rear of his tract, but no part thereof shall be nearer the street than the rear line of the residence of said tract. Any such garage shall conform to the architecture and roof pitch of the residence.
3. The floor area of the main structure of any residential building, exclusive of porches and garages, shall not be less than 1200 square feet.
4. No building or part thereof, exclusive of porches, porticoes, stoops, balconies, bay and other windows, eaves, chimneys and similar projections, shall be nearer the street line than the building set back lines shown on said plat.
5. No air conditioning apparatus or unsightly projection shall be attached or affixed to the front of any residence.
6. No tanks for the storage of fuel may be erected or maintained above the surface of the ground.
7. Any hedge, fence or boundary wall shall be ornamental and not disfigure the property or neighborhood. No part of any fence or boundary wall shall be nearer the street on which the house fronts than the rear line of the residence.
8. No business and no noxious or offensive activities shall be carried on upon any lot, nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or may become an annoyance to the neighborhood.
9. No temporary structure shall be erected on any tract. A permanent outbuilding may be built if it conforms to the architecture and roof pitch of the residence. Such structures include sheds, barns, garages, or other outbuildings. No structure other than the primary dwelling shall be used as a residence.
10. No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any lots, except dogs, cats or other household pets, provided they are not kept, bred or maintained for any commercial purpose, and do not constitute a nuisance to the neighborhood.
11. No vehicle, except “passenger cars, passenger vans, pickup trucks, and motorcycles” as defined by Overland Park ordinances shall be left or stored on said property, except in an enclosed garage.
12. Basketball goals of either the freestanding or permanent type shall be maintained upright and in good repair.